Bubble bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapMom

Reaction score
I have seen some beautiful bubble bars shaped like cupcakes with flowers on top so I'm dying to make some but can't seem to really find many recipes for them. Any suggestions on finding a bubble bar recipe?

Its a solid that you crumble under running water and it makes bubbles. I had never heard of them until I went to the new Lush store here in Vegas. Now I'm hooked! I've seen people sell them online. I can't find any recipes for them though! :( I want to make my own! Lush is too expensive! :(

Okay just finished looking at it on the LUSH site - do you think it could be the same as a Bath Bomb just really really really bigger? You could maybe use a regular soap mold to make because that would give you a 4 - 6 oz bath bomb?

It's like a bath bomb but it has bubbles too - I make them by making regular bath bombs but adding a bubble bath base to it along with my oils. That way you get the little bubbles from the citric acid, and bigger bubbles from the bubble bath.

Soapmom, I made them before, they came out OK.

This is basically what I used:
Baking soda, Lanthanol, Cornstarch (or Natrasorb), Citric Acid, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Polysorbate 20, Coco SilkyCleanse & Fragrance.

I will have to look to find the amounts, but I started by looking at what ingreds I had and what I needed the final product to do.

Baking Soda - to soften the water and add bulk
Lanthanol - surfactant - bubbles
Natrasorb - hold the fragrance, add to the feel of the water
Citric Acid - adjust pH
Butters/oils - soften skin
Poly 20 - emulsifier
Coco SilkyCleanse - surfactant - more bubbles, very gentle
Fragrance - scent

Play around with the ingreds and see if you can find something you love.

Of course, use whatever you have on hand, different surfactants, emulsifiers, starches. Have fun with it! Creating your own recipe is way more fun than following someone elses!

Thanks guys! I will try that once I get the ingredients! You guys are always so very helpful! Thanks for being so sweet!!
yaya.gif

Back