Home Brew Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrishNZ

Reaction score
Was trying to make a 'manly' soap with my brother in mind.... Home brew with a depth charge (Drambuie) and froth on top. Beer was a bit light coloured but still I think it came out well
Reminds me of antlers which is unintentional but fitting as my brother is a deer hunter and a home brewer.
First time using animal fat and I have only done CP at room temp so the beef fat started to harden! Got it together ok in the mold...only just. Didn't think I had to heat the oils/lye.
Has Pomace, Canola, Castor and dripping. With Patchouli and Dark Musk scent

HomeB.jpg

What are the black specks? Poppy seeds or flax seeds? I love the glycerin rivers in the foam, helps it look even more foamy. Did you do them on purpose or were they a happy accident?
Yes they are poppy seeds. And is that what glycerin rivers are? Definitely a happy accident!

Yes, glycerin rivers are the clear-ish parts of your foam around the white bits. Seems to happen very often with titanium dioxide, and soaping with full water also encourages it.

Here's another thread showing an example of glycerin rivers, and in the thread there's a link to info on how to encourage or prevent glycerin rivers from forming- http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?p=657064#post657064

Yes, glycerin rivers are the clear-ish parts of your foam around the white bits. Seems to happen very often with titanium dioxide, and soaping with full water also encourages it.

Here's another thread showing an example of glycerin rivers, and in the thread there's a link to info on how to encourage or prevent glycerin rivers from forming- http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?p=657064#post657064
Thank you for the link - I quite like them. Worked well for
this soap anyway :)

Back