Candle aging

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMOKEU

Reaction score
My soy scented candles seem to have a better scent throw after they've been aged a few weeks after making them. Is it just me, or do candles get better with time? If so, how much time is ideal for optimum scent throw?

My experience is that candles should always be cured for a minimum of a week, longer is preferable but at least a week before a test burn anyway.

Thanks for this topic, it was something I've been wondering about ... I've seen recommendations to cure for at least two days and others that have said two weeks. I don't know if the differences have anything to do with the various soy wax types or not, but I'm guessing, to be safe, it's at least two days+ for all of them.

For optimal hot scent throw, soy candles should be cured for a minimum of 2 weeks. I use to make soy candles.

We are often faced with the chore of comparing scents from different sources, and the same scents in different waxes, or the same scents with the same waxes and with different additives, and the list of variables can go on and on with no mercy on the candle maker. You know you can trust your nose to assess what smells good and what smells bad, but when we are talking about scent throw, what we are really talking about is intensity.

Word-for-word quote from: https://candletech.com/candle-making/tips-and-tricks/comparing-scent-throw/ :confused:

Latest posts

Back