Faded Memories

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So.....my soapy mistake that I posted about the other day, where I cut my mantra swirl soap vertically instead of horizontally, turned into such a pleasant thing for me. It is scented with Pink Sugar, which discolors, but to me it looked antiqued in some way. Then when I was beveling it, something about the smell evoked some way back memories of my paternal grandmother. So I dug out some mementos of hers that I now am the steward of, and did a little photo shoot. Those are really her earrings, her love letters from my grandpa, a picture of him circa 1935, and her bridge tokens to cross the bridge to get her rations during WWII.

DSC_0157_zps7gnuzbfd.jpg

Beautiful tribute and photo! I absolutely love how your (very handsome) grandpa endearingly addressed your grandma as 'My Darling'. Thank you for sharing your lovely memories with us!

IrishLass :)

Fragrances have a way of stirring up memories from long ago. Looking at the letter to your grandmother, and the beautiful handwriting made me think that the most loving text will never compare to a handwritten love letter. How fortunate you are to have those, they're really a treasure!

::couple of tears for that::

1) your soap is very pretty
2) your photo is so artistic- I am a history freak and have a million pics of my grandmother's family from the 20s and earlier- I love them and I love the items you added to your photo.
2) I loved my nana with all my heart and you brought her right to mind. I am now having flashes of the Avon that she used for EVERYTHING- face cream, jewelry, make up, perfume- all of it. She had an Avon man, Bernie that used to come to her house to visit and sell her stuff. I am getting flashes of him too. I haven't smelled an Avon scent in years but I can smell it in my head right now...

Thank you for sharing this.

Latest posts

Back