Fresh scents?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzz-juzz

Reaction score
I'm really into fresh scents lately, I have few FOs with the mixture of different notes, but nothing basic like lemongrass etc.
I haven't had much luck with EOs in CP. I've only used few though. I was looking into trying peppermint, lemongrass and eucalyptus EOs?
How are your experiences with these EOs? Do they last in CP?
Any FO replicas you can recommend? I can only purchase BB and NG scents here in Australia

Thanks all in advance. :)

I have used the Peppermint EO 2nd distillation from BB several times in CP, it stays nicely and really smells wonderful. It's a little more expensive than the same thing from Mad Oils, if I ever order from MO, I will try theirs, if you do please report and let me know how it worked for you. I have not tried lemongrass or eucalyptus.

Try mixing 1 part peppermint EO with 2 parts coconut FO. I think that makes a very fresh, winter-type blend. Two parts spearmint to one part rosemary is also a good blend.

In my experience all the EOs you listed (lemongrass, peppermint & eucalyptus) stick pretty well in CP. Spearmint & Eucalyptus is a really nice combo. One of my soaping buddies recently gifted me a bar that used spearmint & patchouli . . . not a combo I would have put together but turns out I love it.

My very basic go-to is 50:50 lavender / rosemary - which I think is pretty gender neutral, and pretty fresh.
Rosemary Mint ~ 66:33 is even more fresh
I like to make minty forest for my salt soaps - it's something like 14% Fir, 9% rosemary, 27% eucalyptus, 18% peppermint and 32% spearmint, I find it wonderfully refreshing in the shower.
I recently tried a mix of Lavender 18%, Eucalyptus 18%, grapefruit 18%, rosemary 13% and peppermint 4% in an avocado & french green clay soap that stuck well and is also quite nice.

Thank you all for suggestions and mixing combos!
I will be ordering some today. :)

It's been really hot here for the past few days, I wish I had a go at these EOs earlier. They would make showers even more refreshing in this hot weather.

Lemongrass, wintergreen, spearmint, peppermint, eucalyptus, tea tree oil, nutmeg, cinnamon bark, clove bud all last beautifully in CP. I am sure I am forgetting others, so I will edit this tomorrow morning.

You can't go wrong with peppermint/spearmint, eucalyptus, lavender, and rosemary. You can get some very classic, classy, clean blends among them.

I rarely use my lemongrass, because I choose true citruses over it every time, even though I know they're tricky to stick. Maybe I've over-applied the lemongrass; it might be a case of a little dab will do ya.

Aussie classic blend of lemon myrtle. tea tree, and eucalyptus EO is a great seller for me. Lem myrtle is expensive but the other two are cheap for us so it evens out

A combo of lavender and lemon verbena is very nice, and has been a popular one among my customers. Like patchouli, lavender is a good blender with many scents.

If you want to try some FOs from BB, I suggest Bonsai, Kentish Rain, and Bamboo Mint for a fresh type scent. All 3 survive CP very well. Try to get a small sample to see if you like them. I've also used their 10 fold orange EO and it does much better in CP than the regular strength EO.

I just did a batch of grapefruit rosemary for a friend of mine. It is a fresh clean scent and we both loved it. I also love the citrus mint blend that I've made. I'm still at work (slow day) and I'll post the exact recipes for both when I get home. I'm a big grapefruit fan, so that alone is a wonderful fresh clean scent. It also lasts pretty well in CP soap. I've got grapefruit EO soap I made 6 or 7 months ago and the fragrance is still evident without having to wet the bar and lather it up.

Thank you all for the suggestions!
I've made an order but I will have to make another one by the looks of it hehe.
I bought 4 only to test out, but will definitely go back for more.
BB supplier comes back online soon so will try few of BB suggestions as well. I need to pick up some FOs I use regularly .

I was looking at Lemon myrtle yesterday but did't purchase any. :cry:
It's reasonably priced at AWO.
I know it probably sticks in soaps well, I was at Robyn's house (from Robyn's soaphouse) while she was still selling supplies from home and her whole house smells like lemon myrtle. :D

Natural Candle Suppy (now called Eroma) here in oz has a FO called rosemary and mint that is very nice and refreshing in CP soap that I have just used.

I'm sure an EO mix of the same would be lovely.

I adore BB Ginger Patchouli. Folks that hate patch actually like this one. It's a spicy fresh scent.

BB's OrangeX10 EO actually sticks really well in CP too.

BB's Moroccan Mint is very refreshing, sticks like glue and has no acceleration or discoloration. It's just a little toned down from a regular mint. I think they mention it has tea scents in there too.

fuzz-juzz have you checked out escentials of australia. They do get some bad press but I've never had a problem in 5 years. Their prices are great.

Thanks all!

Oh I totally forgot about them,... they do indded sell EOs. Oh well, next time. I made an order through AWO for these few EOs.
I love Escenitals, I purchase most of my oils from them, they are super cheap. :D
I also never had issues.

Latest posts

Back