Black?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

studioalamode

Reaction score
I thought I posted this yesterday, but I can't seem to find it... must be going crazy...

I'm wanting to make black soap, but am unsure of what to do for colorant for M & P. I have read about dyes, and I have read about black oxide. Before I invest in anything, does anyone have any tips/preferences they can tell me about?

Thanks so much!

Black oxide is great but only visible in clear glycerin soap any colorant added to white soap base will turn the color only opaque.

I would suggest black mica powder in a clear base. If you add it to a white base you will get grey. It is likley your bath sponge o wash rag will look black but will rinse just fine.

Thanks for the replies so far. I love the black and white cat! Very cute!

Would love to see other pics with black soap. It really intrigues me.

Has anyone ever used charcoal? I have heard that can also be a colorant, but not sure whether it can be used with MP.

okay,. this is the second time I've screwed up quotes. What in the heck am I doing wrong, and how do you do it?? I see some with quotes within quotes!!!! Help!

Warming the oil and mixing in coffee grounds will darken the color. It won't get it black but it will get it dark brown. Surprisingly it won't leave any coffee smell, it never has for me anyway...

:oops: Aww ta hehe

I wanna make black soap i have to get me some Mica as well i think, i tried to just put black liquid to white base and oops grey bubbles lol.

Latest posts

Back