Essential oil MLM reps at your booth

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debbism

Reaction score
Every so often, overzealous essential oil reps approach me at my booth asking if I use therapeutic grade essential oils in my products....that they ONLY use therapeutic grade oils.

From what I know of the entire "therapeutic grade" oils thing is that it is a trademarked term by one of the major players and there is no governing body grading essential oils as therapeutic or not. So my response can be somewhat of a diplomacy game.

I normally don't engage these people in a debate about this topic since they seem so passionate about their EO MLM companies and who am I to take the wind out of their sails when they are out at faire having a great day drinking, eating and most importantly, shopping.

But I am curious how those of you who have encountered folks like this, handle the situation.

I do the same as Susie if approached. I'm so tired of hearing people list that they use Therapeutic Grade essential oil in their products. I try to educate my customers and let them know to be informed as there is no such thing.

Well they stopped coming to mine, I smile take their card which goes into garbage can. I usually tell them I will call when I need it, but I am busy now. Smile and end of discussion. No time for their bs ;)

Back