Norway says Hello!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q-Lee

Reaction score
Hi everybody. As the title says,I live in beautiful Norway :)
Making CP soap is one of my last started hobbies.So far I've made 3 batches from scratch-and I think they came out pretty ok :)
Still have a lot to learn and many questions to you who are more experienced.

:bath1:

Velkommen!

QUOTE=Millie;643466]Dear Norway,
Why do you hoard the best chocolates and licorice? It is very rude. Please send some over immediately.
Sincerely, USA[/QUOTE]

That is so true ;)

Thank you all for the warm welcome :)
Yes..We do have the best chocolate (besides Belgium),The licorice..naah. Don't think so.
I live in the countryside about 1.5 ours from the capital - direction towards Bergen.
A rural area with lots of wildlife - Reindeer and grouse in the mountains, lynx, foxes, badgers an occasional bear in the forests.

What else do we have..yes a big lake with trout,perch,pike and freshwater crayfish (yummy).

Norefjell-og-kirke3.JPG

Welcome! You literally live in the postcard! Very cool!!! Is there any elf, yeti, and fairy?
I request some of the chocolate, too. Not the licorice,not my thing. And I want some pine tar syrup. Have seen it drizzle on ice cream in some delicious looking photo. Or is it from somewhere Nordic but not Norway? How does it taste? Like burnt caramel?

Thank you all for the warm welcome :)
Yes..We do have the best chocolate (besides Belgium),The licorice..naah. Don't think so.
I live in the countryside about 1.5 ours from the capital - direction towards Bergen.
A rural area with lots of wildlife - Reindeer and grouse in the mountains, lynx, foxes, badgers an occasional bear in the forests.

What else do we have..yes a big lake with trout,perch,pike and freshwater crayfish (yummy).

Ohhhh I'm so coming to visit. It is my heritage, so I get to, right?!

Yes..We do have the best chocolate (besides Belgium),The licorice..naah. Don't think so. I live in the countryside about 1.5 ours from the capital - direction towards Bergen. A rural area with lots of wildlife - Reindeer and grouse in the mountains, lynx, foxes, badgers an occasional bear in the forests. What else do we have..yes a big lake with trout,perch,pike and freshwater crayfish (yummy).
What a beautiful sight! No need for you to visit Colorado... it looks much like that picture! It wouldn't be anything new to you. LOL. We're 1/2 hour SE of Denver, the capital, in the suburbs. When we moved here 20 years ago, we had antelope and white-tailed deer in the plains south of us. Not so much any more. But still, there are foxes dashing across golf courses; coyotes terrorizing small dogs and small children in the neighborhoods and ferral cats don't last long at all. Racoons ravaging our garbage. Pumas (mountain lions) showing up on hiking trails. All because of developing communities spreading out and pushing the wildlife out of their habitat. Sad. Black bears and big horn sheep in the mountains. Fresh water rainbow trout, perch, pike also, I don't know about crayfish here, but I agree, yummy!

Welcome! You literally live in the postcard! Very cool!!! Is there any elf, yeti, and fairy?
I request some of the chocolate, too. Not the licorice,not my thing. And I want some pine tar syrup. Have seen it drizzle on ice cream in some delicious looking photo. Or is it from somewhere Nordic but not Norway? How does it taste? Like burnt caramel?
Sorry,no elf,yeti or fairy around here ;)
The pine syrup tastes like...difficult to describe- Sweet (obviously),with a lemon hint of sour and ....try to chew on those soft light green sprouts in springtime. But nothing like burnt caramel
Not difficult to make at all, do it every spring myself . Just to mention..it's made of the fresh light green sprouts in May,not the tar (sap).
Wonderful on "vaffel", pancake, vanilla ice cream and in tea.
In my area dandelion syrup is also a favorite :)

Zany_in_CO: Colorado seems as a place worth visiting :) Regarding the crayfish..Here I live anyone can go "fishing" for crayfish in August. All you need is a bit viking blood (water temp at 18-20 deg) a bucket,a good flashlight. Then we wade 2-3 meters out from the beach and pick them up. Very social,the kids love it and the bucket gets full quickly :)

Back