Emulsifier Lotionpro 165

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapman Ryan

Reaction score
I'm looking to make a thin facial lotion. I've read that lotionpro 165 is used for thin lotions. After finding a lotion with it, Neutronena Oil-Free Moisture - Sensitive Skin, it felt waxy on the face. My question, is there any ingredient that will get rid of the waxy feel from emulsifiers like lotionpro 165 or even e-wax?

add dimethicone at 2% and lower your lotion thickener to 1 %. If you are using stearic acid there will be waxy feeling. No butters when you want light lotions. I love working with lOtion pro 165, it is my late favorite.

add dimethicone at 2% and lower your lotion thickener to 1 %. If you are using stearic acid there will be waxy feeling. No butters when you want light lotions. I love working with lOtion pro 165, it is my late favorite.

Thank you. If I have my thickener, I'll use cetyl alcohol instead of stearic acid, at 1%, what percent should I use lotionpro 165 at?

Lotion pro can emulsify as well as Bmts-50 if I used 12 g of oil and 1 g of cetyl, I would use LP165 at 3.5 % of oils , even 3% should work. I always lower emulsifier risking the lotion fail but Emulsimulse which suppose to work at 8 % of oils, work for me at 6.5% of oils;)) You do not have cetyl, use babassu oil as thickener but just a bit

Hello Dahila,
I would like to learn how to make lotion and cream and I have started reading swiftcraftymonkey blog but I have not made a good progress. would you please help me in this field? what books or websites do you recommend for me? any advice?
Thanks in advance

Lotion pro can emulsify as well as Bmts-50 if I used 12 g of oil and 1 g of cetyl, I would use LP165 at 3.5 % of oils , even 3% should work. I always lower emulsifier risking the lotion fail but Emulsimulse which suppose to work at 8 % of oils, work for me at 6.5% of oils;)) You do not have cetyl, use babassu oil as thickener but just a bit

I learned everything, spending years reading, and researching. I know Susans swiftmonkey, ca blog, by heart, there is everything you need to know. Susan have a lot of recipes on blog with instruction :) good luck

A good single book to read to get started is Smart Lotionmaking by Anne Watson. The book is very reasonably priced and available in print or e-book. Anne gives very sensible advice, is big on sanitation and safety, and provides a number of nice recipes that she's personally tested.

Latest posts

Back