SMF August Challenge -Rock and Gem Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations Earlene, Penelopejane and Kittish! I truly loved all three of your entries.

The entries this month were incredible. Very nice work everyone.

Thank you galaxy for the fun challenge.

Congratulations Earlene, PenelopeJane, and Kittish!!!

Our talents always amaze me with exquisite works! Wow, just WOW! Every participant's hard work make it so hard to vote!

And thanks GalaxyMLP for this creative challenge, and also host two challenge in a row! ;)

Ok, everyone has voted!!

The winners for this month are still a tie so I'm going to go with it!

Tied for first place:

Earlene with the rhodochrosite soap!

Penelopejane with the river rock soap!

And in a very, very close third place:
Kittish with the Blue Lace Agate!

Congratulations! You all did an incredible job with this challenge! Thank you again for participating in the soap making forum August challenge!

Wow! To tie with penelopejane's incredible river rock is truly an honor. Thank you!

And Kittish, your blue lace agates are just so very gorgeous!

I never expected to even place in this month's challenge, with all the other excellent rock and gemstone soaps. So thank you again, and galaxy, thank you for hosting twice in a row like that. I can't even imagine how difficult that must be to pull off.

Congrats to the well worthy winners, you guys (warning - lame pun ahead) totally rocked this challenge.

Fun challenge - I can`t even look at a rock, pebble or a gem anymore, without wispering to my self: this would make such an awesome soap...

I am forever ruined. And I don`t mind.

Thank you everyone. I am over the moon to share first place with Earlene'a gorgeous rhodochrosite soap! and to just pip Kittish at the post with her blue agate soap.

I've been having such a lot of trouble with my soap lately this has really made my day. DH is going to be so pleased to hear that all my angst has been worth it! :mrgreen:

Thanks galaxy for all your hard work in putting this and other challenges together I really appreciate it. :)

I'm still new enough at this whole soap thing that I'm frankly amazed that a) I made that. and b) that it was good enough to win. I still do a little squee and happy dance when I look at those soaps on my curing rack. That's one batch that definitely will NOT be rebatched.

earlene, your rhodochrosite soap was spot on, and the gold mica and the gold chain you used for a prop totally sells the jewelry look. Honestly, I didn't realize at first look on your entry that the big oval cabochon was soap. I thought it was the pendant you used for reference, I didn't see the smaller actual pendant until I looked at the pic again.

Your river rocks are kind of what inspired my soap dough rocks, penelopejane. I'm wondering how you got the surface so smooth. I tried using some water with one of my agates to smooth away the tool marks, but the soap went way too squishy and I wound up with soap dish marks all over the bottom (and still had tool marks visible on the surface- fail).

Hah! MySoapyHeart, I hear you! Heck, I'm putting together freakin' product lines inspired by this challenge in the back of my mind, and I don't plan to even MAYBE try to sell for at least a year or two, if ever.

galaxyMLP, your challenges are awesome and so much fun! Thank you for hosting them.

Welcome to July’s SMF Soap Challenge!

<snip>

NOW
This month’s challenge goal is to create a rock, gemstone, or pebble soap.

I just now noticed the wrong month. That was the August 2017 challenge. I just noticed accidentally while looking for the Sept. challenge. Anyway, for posterity sake, is it possible to edit and correct that to say August instead of July. Just for future reference?

I've been wondering, too. I sure hope whoever's turn it was wasn't in Houston or Florida or any of the other places around the globe so riddled with disasters!

Ditto this!!! I'm sure they just got caught in errands.

I've been wondering, too. I sure hope whoever's turn it was wasn't in Houston or Florida or any of the other places around the globe so riddled with disasters!

I hope so too. I also hope that hosting the challenges hasn't become a burden for those who do it. I can see that it could be, and I would completely understand that if the challenges were discontinued. I do enjoy them, and hope that won't be the case. But I get it.

Latest posts

Back