Same techniques with M&P as CP? (swirls, etc)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nsmar4211

Reaction score
Just stuck my toe into the world of M&P because I don't want to put huge amounts of money into additives and have it just sit around (I'm looking at you argan oil...). Thus far I've only done "add mica, stir, pour". After really looking around at pictures, I'm only finding layering techniques. I'm curious if you can use some of the same fancy swirl techniques (hangar swirls, that sort) with M&P as you do with CP. For me it seems that some of the M&P stuff sets up too fast or skins over and the skin would cause design issues... The swirl in pot would be easyish, but what about designs requiring tools?

I used to do M&P before CP took a-hold of me, and speaking only for myself, I could not do a decent swirl with it to save my life. Not even an ITP swirl. They always came out very blobby-looking, so I ceased swirling with it and kept to doing only layers instead.

IrishLass :)

Somewhere, there is a company that has swirlable melt and pour but I can't begin to remember where.

I've done very little melt and pour, but had acceptable success swirling it. I think if you keep your expectations low (in other words, don't expect it to swirl as well as cp soap), don't over swirl, you can do it.

Latest posts

Back