Cold process in silicon chocolate mold?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuckyStar

Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea of doing a soap cake for a while now and have been bit by bit gathering what i want/think i need.

I've made and decorated regular cakes before and my hand is , well, not all that steady or capable of making delicate and beautiful things(roses, etc).

I was thinking of just buying some silicon chocolate/candy molds, making some embeds before hand and decorating it like that. Thing is, a lot of the articles ive seen about decorating soap cakes melt and pour for embeds.

Would cp hold up in something like

http://www.meritline.com/rose-silic...ource=fghdac&gclid=CM3utrqkh8ACFShp7AodYBIAGQ

I second obsidian - perhaps add sodium lactate or salt to help make it nice and hard. And I would freeze it before removing so it holds its shape.

^^^ I second that. Tried my hand at embeds and realized after I was done that I forgot my sl, its was a horror getting them out. Some I just said forget it. Can you say confetti soap...lol

I use similar molds and a good hard recipe with sodium lactate works great. Just let them sit a few days and mine release clean without freezing.

I have used silicone chocolate molds, though mine are less detailed than those. My basic recipe doesn't harden very quickly, so I left it in the molds for a couple of days before popping them out, and they all came out just fine even without oiling the molds.

Latest posts

Back