Fun in the tub

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made bubble bars!

IMG_20170518_193310.jpg

IMG_20170518_194752.jpg

Ooo, lovely! All those bubbles...

I bought a mooncake press off of ebay, got it last week, it is super cute! Haven`t used it yet but it was really sturdy. I will make my fizzie recipe to test it out.

Round ones are ok, but patterns are a bit more fun : D

Wow this looks great. Mind sharing your recipe? Or pointing me towards where I might find one to try? I've only ever made cold-process, bath is a whole new world!

Hi toxikon and thanks! The recipe I used I purchased from Two Wild Hares, with the agreement that it is not shared, and I respect that. She does list the ingredients on her etsy listing so I can give you that info: tapioca starch, cocoa butter, glycerin, baking soda, slsa, cream of tartar, corn starch, lakes, mica, polysorbate 80, fragrance oil, essential oil. I used mica for color since that's what I have, and did not use tapioca starch. Before I decided to pay for this recipe, I watched a lot of youtube videos, and here is a video of one with a recipe (of sorts). [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXrCYr8wlig&t=869s[/ame] She has a couple of bubble bar videos.

And one from Royalty Soaps using the Two Wild Hares recipe
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIF-E76Qw2I&t=221s[/ame]

I decided to buy the recipe because in the long run I'd probably spend the same amount of money experimenting. However, since that time I joined the FB group Moon Cake Cult. They are a friendly and supportive group (I haven't seen any snarkiness at all) and they have a recipe file.

If you are wondering, my moon cake press is 75 grams, and I got it on Amazon. The bubble bar I used weighed about 3.5 ounces. I used the whole thing in my bath because my tub is pretty big. I think I could have easily had enough bubbles with half that. The bubbles stayed through my whole bath - about 30 minutes soaking. It took awhile to rinse them all out of the tub when I was done. I made some more this morning. I made a half batch of my recipe and that gave me 6 2-ounce bars. A tiny sprinkle of baking soda on the top of the dough took care of the sticking problem and they look much better.

Ooo, lovely! All those bubbles...

I bought a mooncake press off of ebay, got it last week, it is super cute! Haven`t used it yet but it was really sturdy. I will make my fizzie recipe to test it out.

Round ones are ok, but patterns are a bit more fun : D

Have fun with it MySoapyHeart! One of the reasons I was interested in this press was for making bath bombs. I haven't tried that yet, but will soon. I had given up on bath bombs, but I think this might work well for them. And the press makes such a pretty pattern.

I always have so much soap - I needed to find something else to make :)

Thank you Dibbles! So what you made would be the same idea as "bubble scoops"? I've seen a lot of those around Instagram, they look so fun.

I have been waffling over purchasing some recipes from Two Wild Hares, I've heard nothing but good things. So I think I will bite the bullet. I will check out that FB group too. Thank you. :)

Thank you Dibbles! So what you made would be the same idea as "bubble scoops"? I've seen a lot of those around Instagram, they look so fun.

I have been waffling over purchasing some recipes from Two Wild Hares, I've heard nothing but good things. So I think I will bite the bullet. I will check out that FB group too. Thank you. :)

It would be the same as bubble scoops or the jelly roll style bubble bars, or I guess bubble bars made in a cavity mold.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back