Who's your favorite comedian (or comedienne) ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For completely clean comedy, look for the Ryan Hamilton special on Netflix. He's really good, really polished and my wife and I were wondering why we'd never heard of him before. She looked him up online and he's been around a while but is known for being a "clean" comic. Works corporate gigs and such. Now he's got a special on Netflix called Happy Face.

Thank you - I'll check him out!

If a comedian is clean and strikes my funny bone so hard that it makes me belly laugh, they've won a loyal fan.

Several have mentioned the Carol Burnet show as being a favorite, and I heartiy agree. I'm so glad I can still catch re-runs of it in my area on ME-TV. I'd much rather watch repeats of that than much of the current stuff that passes as 'comedy' on television today. My 3 favorite sketches are 1) 'The Dentist' sketch between Tim Conway and Harvey Korman, 2) the 'Went With The Wind' sketch- a parody of 'Gone with The Wind' and 3) 'Stella Meets The Oldest Man', with Carol and Tim Conway. If you want a good laugh, they have the full sketches of all 3 up on YouTube.

As for stand-up, my nephew got us hooked on watching Tim Hawkins. He plays the guitar and intersperses a lot of humorous ditties in with his routines. Some of my favorite sketches are 'Fire Ants' and "Shortened Songs For ADD" to name a few.

My nephew also got us hooked on watching Studio C on YouTube. Their more recent stuff seems to be more hit or miss, but a lot of their older stuff is hilarious. Some of my favorites are, 'Kid's School Photo Banned', 'True Loves First Kiss', 'Mr. Ecklestone's Driver's Ed', 'Two Guys On A Scooter', I Don't Do Mornings', 'Mother Power'....I could go on and on, there's just so many of them.

IrishLass :)

my personal favorites are (in no particular order) Gallagher, Bill Cosby, and George Carlin. Who doesn't love the sledgeomatic. I don't care what all of those women acused Bill of, he was funny. George was hilarious back in the day. That is all I will say about that.

I am not big into comedians, but I love Durham and his puppets. Walter is hilarious. I also like Mr bean.

Back