October 2017 SMF Soap Challenge, simple minimalistic swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Kittish! Minimalism I can do!

2. MommyCarlson - I'm in!

3. Rusti - me three!

4. jewels621 - coming in off of a post-SoapCon higher! I'm in!

5. dibbles - Love it!

6. BattleGnome - I can tongue-in-cheek make a Christmas present for my minimalist sister

7. Mx6inpenn - I'm thinking Christmas too

8. CaraBou - Oh yeah, uh huh!

9. PenelopeJane - Minimalist is easy! Right??

10. BlackDog - this is probably a lot harder than it looks

11. SunRiseArts I agree with black dog. is a trick!

12. SoapTrey - I sincerely appreciate all the encouragement and because of that I'll give it a shot!

13. Earlene - LOL - Lucky 13

14. Ibct1969 - nervous for my first challenge especially against some SERIOUS talent!

15. SoapAddict - thanks!

16. TheDragonGirl- Its been a while, lets do this thing

17. Soapprentice - Note to self “ do not go over board, it’s a simple and minimalist challenge”

18. SaltedFig - Why not?

19. Artemis - it's time to stock up anyway, right? Right?

20. HowieRoll - been too long since I've been able to participate. Yikes - minimalist = a real challenge for me!

21. Skatergirl46 - I’m in!

22. jules92207 - I need a good excuse to get back in the groove, count me in!

23. Traumabrew

24. Cirafly24- I'm in! 24 is my lucky number

25. Primrose - only a newbie learning to swirl, and I like minimal, so this will hopefully work for me!

26. cherrycoke216 - just finished my sister's best friend's wedding favor order, now to figure out how to think simple and make it work... ;)

Thought I'd post my other non-entry soap. I liked the idea of it, but it just didn't pop for me like I wanted it to. I'm just not liking the crooked embed. AC and TD scented with Honey I Washed The Kids.

YxlsVoH.jpg

ANNOUNCEMENT!
Hey everyone. I wanted to let you know I will probably send the password for the voting in early because my surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday, October 24th. I want to be sure I don't have to burden the other hosts too much. Look for the password in your private messages. Thanks guys!

I can't wait to see everyone soaps!

Lion princess, I can't post my entry photo until Tuesday night because I'm not home until then. That's the 24th. Are we supposed to hold off until the 26th to vote?

Hope your surgery goes well.

Lion princess, I can't post my entry photo until Tuesday night because I'm not home until then. That's the 24th. Are we supposed to hold off until the 26th to vote?

Hope your surgery goes well.

Yikes! I hope so - I thought the entry thread was open until the 26th. Soap is not cooperating with me lately.

Eek me too! Please give us a few more days till the 26th to get out entries in!

Life hasn't cooperated with me trying to get soap done lately!

lionprincess, thank you for the challenge, and for persevering through your personal challenge! I'll be thinking of you, and hoping all goes well with your surgery. Let us know how you are doing when you are up to it.

I made a few tries at this challenge, and my entry was the one I felt best fit the rules. The black and white one was supposed to have a thin black line dividing the white portion with the poppy seeds and the plain white portion. The embed was white with poppy seeds, and the outside was rolled in mica. I don't know why, but the mica turned the embed gray. I think that left the two colors pretty much even percentage-wise, so not eligible. The triangle soap is something I have been wanting to do, and I am pretty happy with it. I wasn't thinking, and the mica line doesn't match the soap color, so not eligible.

What an excellent challenge this was. It really made me think! Everyone's entries are wonderful. Good job, guys!

BW Minimal.jpg

Triangle Soap.jpg

Last edited:
HEY EVERYONE!!!
Sorry, busy getting affairs in order. Yes! The challenge thread closes midnight Central Time October 26th. I will open the survey the morning of October 27th. So you have until then to submit your soaps. It might be a little late on the 27th opening the survey, I have to have another challenge host help me upload the photographs since my cell phone can no longer do it because of Photobucket's 3rd party hosting new policy. I will start pming passwords to you guys this afternoon and it might take until the morning for me to finish. Be looking for the password for the survey in your inbox. If there's any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!

So I made a batch that is MP, and another CP. Still cannot decide which to enter. So I asked my family, and half said the MP, and the other half CP. And I am back on square 1.

Latest posts

Back