Sick lemon cookies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luviesmom

Reaction score
We have been sick. I don't want to eat much but lemon/ginger. And tea. I am not a coffee person. Always tea. I really love these cookies with tea.
Cookies
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
11/4 cups granulated sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
8 ounces plain cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
zest of 1 lemon
5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

Lemon Glaze

2 cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons lemon zest

Cream wet ingredients. Adding egg plus yolk plus extract. Blend dry briefly. Bake cookies on parchment paper @350 for 16 minutes. Top with lemon glaze. Serve with tea.

20170216_190502.jpg

We make a "sickie tea" wgen we're not well. 1 tsp peppermint and a little each of ginger, lemon peel, cloves, cinnamon, and honey to taste (and maybe a dash of cayenne! ). It doesn't cure anything, but we all feel a little better sipping it.

Oh, do you use the empty tea bags to mix it in? I just learned about these not long ago, and I have been fascinated ever since.

Oh, do you use the empty tea bags to mix it in? I just learned about these not long ago, and I have been fascinated ever since.

Sometimes, but they are expensive! A cheaper alternative is to take a cone shaped coffee filter, punch a couple holes in the top and slide a chopstick through. The stick rests on to of the mug and the ingredients go in the filter. If I can find the right link tomorrow, I'll post an example.

The sick lemon cookies and Artemis' sick tea sounds yummy!!! Hope your family get well soon. Kids are really walking germ/ bacteria Petri dishes. ;)

We have been sick. I don't want to eat much but lemon/ginger. And tea. I am not a coffee person. Always tea. I really love these cookies with tea.

Funny...I'm definitely a coffee drinker, but one way that I know I'm sick is when I get up in the morning and want tea instead of coffee. It's the only time I drink tea. Thanks for the cookie recipe. I love all things lemon. Yum! :)

And: black seed oil capsules, and if it is cold / flu - chelated zinc

My sister swears by the following, as she says all ilness originates in the gut:

juice of one lemon
about 1 inch fresh ginger finely grated
1 t cayenne (she sometimes bumps to 1 T, no kidding)
boiling water

Drink as hot as you can stand it

prepare to sweat your butt off :)

It has honestly done the trick for me a couple of times!

My husband does this awful concoction of grated raw onion with sugar. Let's it sit overnight and drinks a shot in morning. Nasty!

I hate him. He is never sick...
Lol, I do a garlic and onion in honey and lemon juice. Works

When we were kids and said we were sick with cold/flu and needed to stay home from school my Mom would give us the juice of one whole lemon -straight- every half hour. She said if we stuck around for the second dose she KNEW we were not faking it

Take care! (and oil of oregano:)

Oh please don't leave that tidbit just hanging like that. If someone doesn't know how to use oil of oregano safely, they can end up with a 2 inch scar on their leg - like I do. Someone applied it to my very minor scratch and it literally burned a hole through all the layers of my skin because I couldn't get it off! It took 2 months to heal.

People, you can't just swallow oil of oregano, or splash some into your beverage if you have a virus - it will burn your mucous membranes. I don't know IF or HOW you can ingest it, or if its safe.

You can get capsules - but they sometimes give Oregano burps

you can get a tincture which is safe to ingest

you can get an oil version that is of suitable strength to ingest

Your experience sounds horrible! I am so sorry that happened to you

Oh please don't leave that tidbit just hanging like that. If someone doesn't know how to use oil of oregano safely, they can end up with a 2 inch scar on their leg - like I do. Someone applied it to my very minor scratch and it literally burned a hole through all the layers of my skin because I couldn't get it off! It took 2 months to heal.

People, you can't just swallow oil of oregano, or splash some into your beverage if you have a virus - it will burn your mucous membranes. I don't know IF or HOW you can ingest it, or if its safe.

Was it pure essential oil or something? I'm so sorry for your bad experience. Our family has used the oil version to ingest as well as put on cuts etc. It would be the same idea as using a carrier oil when adding E.O. or F.O. for topical use. Not trying to convince anyone of anything, just explaining. Here is a link if you're interested.
https://www.google.com/search?q=the...0j69i57j0l4.5971j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

You cant just swallow ANY essential oils....they are too strong.

Back