I am the proud owner of a domain!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's wonderful!! I love the story of the name (and getting to see pictures of the original inspiration!)

I'm going to echo Carolyn on that the pooches disappeared in the logo. You might want to consider a stylized black and white outline of the dogs howling next to the company name.

I'm so excited on your behalf!

Oh wow! This is old and so am I!! I forgot about it. I ended up letting the URL go because I didn't want to pay the money each year to rent it. Even though Go Daddy said I owned the URL, I had to pay them some kind of registration fee every year. That sounds like rent to me. I do have a Facebook page, which I have not updated in months because I just don't have the time. Or a camera. If I ever get a decent camera, I can take photos of my soaps and post them there. But too much is going on at work (and life in general) to focus on soap or anything related to it. If I can stay awake past 7:30 most nights, I'm doing really well. Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I do appreciate it.

Oh wow! This is old and so am I!! I forgot about it. I ended up letting the URL go because I didn't want to pay the money each year to rent it. Even though Go Daddy said I owned the URL, I had to pay them some kind of registration fee every year. That sounds like rent to me. I do have a Facebook page, which I have not updated in months because I just don't have the time. Or a camera. If I ever get a decent camera, I can take photos of my soaps and post them there. But too much is going on at work (and life in general) to focus on soap or anything related to it. If I can stay awake past 7:30 most nights, I'm doing really well. Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I do appreciate it.

It is rent in many ways. You can pay a bunch in advance, or a little over time, but you do pay!

All of my soap pictures are done via my cell phone. I have camera fantasies, but as my ex used to say "the best camera is the one you use". Since I'm not printing and submitting my pictures to magazines or something, the resolution and quality from my Android is good enough for me.

All of that aside - if you have a lot going on and/or feeling burned out adding one more spinning plate sounds awful. Soap will be there when you're ready. It sounds like knitting is giving you a better zone right now, and that's important.

Back