Soap labeling

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purerok

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am hoping that maybe someone can help me please.
Does anyone know how to writhe the Allergens on the labels? Do I just have to mention the Allergens or do I need to write the percentage on the label.

Any tips would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Katrina

As Gini said, knowing where you are located will help us answer, as this is such an international board, and different countries have different laws and regulations as to how to label soaps.

Oops, sorry, I guess it would help....
I am based in France and I have been checked by the authorities here and they are not happy with my labels.
I am nearly there (I think), but the allergens I am not sure.

Thanks again.

Katrina

In Case of irritation discontinue using it, May contain ; peanuts, soybean and excetera. People know what they are allergic and if you label the soap correctly they will read the label

Katrina,

When you say they were not happy, they possibly may have quoted some rule or regulation that your labeling did not adhere to ...

Could you quote that reference number, if you have it?

There may be enough information in here (even tho it's food, there's often a cross-over): https://ec.europa.eu/food/safety/labelling_nutrition/labelling_legislation_en

That link leads this commission notice:
https://ec.europa.eu/food/sites/foo...egislation_guidance_allegens-2017-4864_en.pdf
Brussels, 13.7.2017

C(2017) 4864
final COMMISSION NOTICE of 13.7.2017

"relating to the provision of information on substances or products causing allergies or intolerances as listed in AnnexII of Regulation (EU) No 1169/2011 on the provision of food information to consumers"

If you are in France you have to adhere to the EU Cosmetic Safety testing regulations and your products have to be tested by a qualified cosmetic chemist before sale. The CPSR will detail what allergens are included in your products and will explain how your product must be labelled. You need to speak to your chemist and if your products havent yet been assesd you need to find one who can advise your further.

Cosmetic products cannot be sold in the EU without being assessed beforehand,

Hello all,

I just wanted to say thank you to everybody that helped me. I know it's a bit late, but I got a bit busy. But really, thank you and I appreciated it very much.

Katrina from France :)

Back