Rustic Old Glory

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

I made this soap on Sunday so it would be properly cured before the Fourth of July. I'm just tickled with how it came out. I wasn't sure about the colors when I unmolded....the blue was an icky gray, and the red was totally orange. In just 4 days it came around and has made me happy. I let it ash up to make it look old and dusted the top with an iridescent glitter to give it a little "fireworks" feel. My middle son and daughter-in-law live in a community of beautiful 1800's rivertown houses....theirs was originally an old hotel called The Helvetia. They have their own private Fourth of July celebration every year; complete with parade and fireworks. This is a lard soap scented with a combo of Fresh Bamboo and Grass Stain. It smells just like someone is mowing the lawn in the sunshine.

Last edited:
Thanks, you guys, for the confidence boost. I've never been the "creative" one in my family. I love that this hobby has a functional use! Even the ones I make that end up butt ugly are still useful! Gotta love it!

Latest posts

Back