Question for Aussie soapers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lemongirl

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm going to be moving to Oz in 4 weeks (weeeeee so excited!!!) and was wondering about the costs of supplies over yonder. I'll be in Newcastle, so presumably will have to mail order lots of stuff. Can you tell me who your favourite/cheapest suppliers are? Where do you get your sodium hydroxide? Thanks :) (did I mention I'm so excited!!!!!)

I'm not sure where you are moving from or the costs you are use to, but you will have to buy most of your supplies online.
Here is a short list -
Heirloom bath and body-NSW
Escentials - Qld
Aussie Soap Supplies - WA
You can get Sodium Hydroxide at all of the above. I bought 5kgs last week from Qld and had it sent down.
Woolies has Sodium Hydroxide - $3.89 for 500grms.

I think the costs are pretty reasonable, but then like Relle9 said it would depend on what you are used to paying. There are a lot of online suppliers but most are interstate. You can also buy sodium hydroxide from the bigger hardware stores in 2kg lots and also from the supermarket in smaller amounts if you didn't want to bulk buy it. Hope you enjoy the move, Newcastle is a beautiful place. :)

Great, thanks guys. I'm Canadian, but have been in the UK for the past 8 years. Things are cheaper in the UK than in Canada, for the most part.

Back