Plastic Bundt cake pan for Cold Process Soap making

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimnkell

Reaction score
I have a question for all you great soap makers out there. I have been soaping for some time now but have a question about molds... Is there some trick to making the tupperware and plastic pans useable for Cold Process Soap so that the soap don't stick? These would be great for making bundt cake soap...

Hi, i am not an experienced soap maker, only started last week! But i made 3 loaves, all in plastic 'tupperware' type containers. The recipe said to lightly oil then first, which i forgot to do. But the soaps came out pretty easily, just turned them upside down and bashed a bit!

You could try swabbing the molds with mineral oil or dimethicone. I really recommend this since a bundt pan is so deep; otherwise, you might have difficulty getting it out as compared to a shallower pan. If you'd rather not do this, there are silicone bundt cake pans you can buy.

Some people have put the soap into the freezer for awhile (maybe 20-30 minutes), take it out and bang it on a counter to remove the soap. I've tried this and it's worked for shallower molds. The deep cavity molds didn't come out as well. Bits of soap remained adhered into the details of the cavities.

I may have to give it a try... I want to try the tupperware style molds as you can buy them at the goodwill really cheap. Thanks for the info.

I was able to purchase the small silicone bunt cake pans at my local family dollar. I got 15 of them and they are a big hit at Christmas time.

Judy beat me to it, a light coat of mineral should do the trick. If you want to spend the money a silicone spray is great. Failing all that, put the soap in the freezer for a while, then invert it and run a bit of warm water over the mold. Keep your hand underneath because the soap will fall right out.

new12soap said:
Judy beat me to it, a light coat of mineral should do the trick. If you want to spend the money a silicone spray is great. Failing all that, put the soap in the freezer for a while, then invert it and run a bit of warm water over the mold. Keep your hand underneath because the soap will fall right out.

Thanks! Can't wait to go back to the goodwill now... gonna give this a try. :D

Back