Cigar label helpful hints

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pretty n Plain

Reaction score
I wanted to share this hint with everyone, only because it's been a big challenge for me, actually here's a couple.

Rather than using a plain piece of card for a cigar band this is what I do:

I print the required number of labels on a coloured piece of card,
-with all the necessary info.
On the back (one of the "arms" that wrap around to the back of the soap) I print the ingredients and any cautions such as 'This product contains beeswax/nut ingredients etc'.

then I take my clear laminate template, place it over each uncut label, trace around it and then cut it out. OR if I have a label that has a border on it then I don't use the clear laminate template as a guide.

Then I run the printed card label through a manual hand held embosser (I think that's what scrap bookers may call it), this leaves a beautiful indented flower design over the card.

And finally, the thing I disliked most was the cigar band slipping or getting damaged on the soap so I came up with the following idea:

-Take a craft foam sheet (they come in different colours which I use according to the soaps colours).

-Cut a strip long enough to reach right around the soap firmly and about 2 cm wide.

-Glue the strip to the back of the cigar band (you can also use the double sided craft tape -less messier too).

-Fasten the foam attached cigar band to your soap. The band will sit away from the soap my about 1-2mm depending on the thickness of your foam but it gives it a nice 3d look.

And wa lah no more slip or damage/sweat staining to your lovely printed cigar band.

Embossing over label:

labeltut-1.jpg

Inside of one of the cigar band arms with matching foam attached:

labeltut1-1.jpg

Front of label (can't really see much embossing as I photoshopped info out) not the best of soaps to use but it serves the purpose:

labeltut2-1.jpg

Thanks for the info, but I think your label covers up too much of your pretty soap. Would love to see more of that than the label, maybe you could make it smaller. :)

Thanks ladies, Relle that wasn't a good soap to use as it's quite a small soap unfortunately, but on the other soaps it looks in proportion :D

I want to know that what is the difference between little cigars that have a filter and regular cigarettes except for the paper being brown. Is the difference only the color of the paper used to make them?

Thanks for pointing out the spammy link. I removed it.

I'm really tired of these...people. :roll:

eta: Pretty n Plain

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt your thread. Your cigar labels are very nice. Thanks for sharing how to do them. :D

You're welcome. Using foam is a clever idea to keep the label looking nice. Also, I like the embossed look because it makes the labels look elegant. I may have to check out the scrapbooking section at the craft store. :lol:

I would not like them here or there.
I would not like them anywhere.
I do not like cigars online.
I don't like spam that wastes my time.

:twisted:

Buying cigar online has many benefits. It saves money. Have easy access so you won't have to continually run to the cigar shop.

deleted spammy link - the mod team

Sunny said:
I would not like them anywhere.
I do not like cigars online.
I don't like spam that wastes my time.

:twisted:

Clever. :wink:

Another spammy link above. Don't click on it. :evil:

Bubbles Galore said:
Sunny said: