WSP's Dragon's Blood

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debbism

Reaction score
I think I have the right Dragon's Blood FO now. Rustic Escentuals/Aroma Haven had way way too powdery of a floral top note for my tastes but WSP's is nice and resinous.

So, has anyone in here use WSP's Dragon's blood? I am assuming the discoloration is due to the vanilla and we can use the stabilizer so the red color will come through. Anyone?

I've used WSP's and I like it best. I haven't used a CP stabilizer with it but I have tried the stabilizer with Vanilla Bean Noel. It turned a funky pinkish brown color over time. Ugly! Ugly! Of course, VBN has a higher % of vanilla so it may work with the DB.

I'd be interested in hearing if stabilizer does work because I'd like to try some colors in DB soap.

i just use TD in my Dragons Blood and it works like a charm. i can color it any color i want after that with good results. my Dragons Blood is from NG.

Mr. Soap said:
my Dragons Blood is from NG.

NG's Dragon Blood is nice but it doesn't have quite the same aroma as WSP's version. WSP's is stronger, a little spicier and there's something extra in it which I can't identify. It makes me think of incense when I smell it but that might be from the sandalwood and patchouli.

Back