Glycerin Bar Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knicelyr

Reaction score
My latest weekend soap made with the biodiesel glycerin. Nice and hard with loads of lather!

TimBar.jpg

Rick,

Are soaps made from biodiesel oil always that brown color? Or do you have any control over the color at all?

zeo

We have some control over the color. We can us TD to lighten it and to accept any color. We can also make the color more translucent.

Here is an example of a pink soap I made awhile back using the biodiesel glycerin. My current avatar has some liquid biodiesel glyceirn soap that has had color added.

princessSoap.jpg

Ohhh...very nice! I like that pink a lot! Is it scented? If so, what did you use? Pretty pretty pretty! :)

zeo

zeoplum said:
Rick,

Are soaps made from biodiesel oil always that brown color? Or do you have any control over the color at all?

zeo

Just a small clarification...

The soap we make is not from the biodiesel (oil) itself. It is from the glycerin rich layer that we extract from the oils during the process of making biodiesel.

There is no biodiesel what so ever in our soap.

What we use can be loosely compared to the glycerin additive or even the melt and pour bases used in traditional soap making.

The only reason we use the term biodiesel for the glycerin is that it is obtained by esterification. Normal glycerin is obtained when making commercial soap with a salt brine and distillation process. Biodiesel really is only a descriptive term.

zeoplum said:
Ohhh...very nice! I like that pink a lot! Is it scented? If so, what did you use? Pretty pretty pretty! :)

Well thank you :)

Yes it is scented - Eternal Rose.

My wife, daughter and mom just love it!

BTW - Tonight's batch is lavender essential oil.

oh yum!!! your first soap looks like toffee, I wanted to reach through my computer screen and snatch it lol. They look great.

Back