body butter recipe that wont melt?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corrine025

Reaction score
does anyone know of a body butter recipe that wont melt? I want something that will stay stable.

I made a whipped body butter and no matter how cold it was when I whipped it, it still melted. (My coconut oil was completely liquid, if that's any indicator of temperature!)
Finally I melted it down and added more beeswax and now it's nice and stable.

I know I'm responding to an old post, but as someone noted on another thread, there doesn't seem to be much action here. Not sure if everyone has moved on.

To the point, if you wanted to make a lotion that was the consistency of body butter it would be stable because of the emulsifier.

The OP has actually not been here in months, and it looks as though the question was answered to her satisfaction 2 years ago.

IrishLass :)

I realize that but I also see that there are challenges that can't be entered until a specific number of posts and that people get criticized for their opinions if they don't post very often, but it is often difficult to find current threads that relate to questions I have or subjects on which I'd like to add my .02.

If you have questions not covered by threads, then ask a new one. Posting your "0.2" on an old thread just to get your post count up could be considered spam.

If you don't have enough posts for certain things, then wait. If you check the forum regularly there are many opportunities to offer help and advice to people in currently active topics, without having to post on inactive ones just to have something to say.

If you have questions not covered by threads, then ask a new one. Posting your "0.2" on an old thread just to get your post count up could be considered spam.

If you don't have enough posts for certain things, then wait. If you check the forum regularly there are many opportunities to offer help and advice to people in currently active topics, without having to post on inactive ones just to have something to say.

While I certainly see your point, I've kind of always felt that we answer questions here not just to help the OP, but also everyone else who stumbles onto that post later. I don't know that it's ever occurred to me to pay any attention to the date a question was originally posted. If I can add to what's already been said, I do. Is that bad?

This seems particularly true of a topic like melting body butter, which is such a common problem people deal with.

FYI- more great strategies are: using hard butters, use high melt point butters, have higher butter to oil ratios, keep final product in the shade at warm shows, keep final product in a cooler at hot shows...

We consider it necroposting and it's frowned upon. It's posted in the rules with the reasoning. Again, please don't post on old old threads. You can start a new topic and link to the old post if necessary. Thanks!!

The more butter you put in and the less soft oils the thicker your butter will become. You can always add a bit of beeswax if you like...

Thanks Lindy for this information, as it is all about understanding your ingredients, and as I am new at this wonderful wonderful craft, I am very willing to try different combinations in my recipes, to be able to have a body butter that doesn't melt especially during the hot summer.

With best wishes
Toni

If all fails it is good to remember that you can go to someone that you feel is qualified to answer your question through personal messaging [ which i have done many of times ] , and as stated you can start a new thread if you do not see anything current that deals with your question / subject .

Latest posts

Back