Shrink wrap and labels

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koric

Reaction score
Ok, I have a question for the shrink wrappers. I had two batches that have been curing for 6 to 8 weeks. So I figured why not give shrink wrapping a try. I printed up some labels, bought some shrink wrap and away I went. I wrapped the label around the soap and put the shrink wrap over the labels. They looked good.
However… due to my inability to spell and type (love spell check) I had to open them up and change the label. When I did, I noticed that the label felt damp. There was no discoloration of the paper or soap, both smelled and felt good. I used standard 20# paper and the wrappers are open on two sides.
Has anyone else had this happen?
Could it be the FO?
Wrapped too soon?
Gremlins?
Aliens?

Thanks,
Koric

I always seal my labels inside my shrink wrap, but if using paperstock for my labels I use glossy. Many times I use Avery 2x4 label stock, regular label stock and weatherproof label stock for lotion packaging. I have had some weep some and soak through 20# paper stock which is why I use glossy. I have never had any problem with the 2x4 label stock other than if the soap stays around for several months it is hard to get the label off the soap. Fortunetly no one has complained and the label stock is easier for me to use, since my labels are designed to fit the 2x4 perfectly. I use shrink bags so really have not great problems since only a little hole on one seam is open to air. Just make sure your soaps are cured well before shrinkwrapping

Back