Teakwood & Cardamom, yes or no?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrightMeadows

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have heard good things about NG's Teakwood & Cardamom, and so I went there to check out the reviews...turns out several of them were saying that whereas it used to stick in CP, now it no longer does. I don't want to get it if this is true. For those who use it, have you found this to be the case?

I wrote a review in the SMF Fragrance Oil Review in the last year, I think. My impressions:

"...Woodsy, spicy with a peppery overtone. OOB the cardamom is obvious, but in soap, it softens to a peppery accent. Sounds weird, but it's nice. Used at 5% ppo. In CP soap, this FO was strong at first, but faded after several months. If I had to choose between this and Cracklin' Birch, I'd go with Cracklin' Birch."

Here's a link to the NG page in the FO Review: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SarBRyH9X4gghraavMFTWfchk-c7sNswuh-yaTdRf1M/edit#gid=4

T&C is pretty nice, but I REALLY like Cracklin' Birch, and so does everyone else who smells it.

Did I say ... I like Cracklin' Birch? ;)

Sounds like the longevity of this scent is rather hit and miss. I saw fading, but others don't. Go figure! Soap gremlins?

Sounds like the longevity of this scent is rather hit and miss. I saw fading, but others don't. Go figure! Soap gremlins?

Sometimes I wonder if its the recipe or something else to be honest. Or those nasty gremlins.

When I'm able, I'm going to make some more as I haven't made it in quite some time. Will document it and see what happens. It sells though not a huge big sellers I have a couple customers that like it.

I soaped with Teakwood & Cardamom from NG. It smells great out of the bottle but in cured soap i could smell a lot of cardamom and hardly any teakwood which my nose doesn't like.

Craklin Birch from NG on the other hand is one of my favorite scents eventhough it accelerates quite fast for me in cold process soaping.

I also tried Craklin Birch sold by theflamingcandle.com which smells very close out of the bottle but i ended up with a big chunky piece of oily stuff which cannot be called soap, besides smell is completely gone after a month.

I love that one from NG, it think it's just a matter of preference. For me it's a good scent with staying power.

I use 1 oz pop and have no problem with it sticking. I keep an extra stash for my husband and he just finished using a bar from a year ago. I also have no trouble with acceleration.

Latest posts

Back