Good Soap Making Books

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamieH

Reaction score
Can any one recommend a good soap book? There are soooo many out there. As an example, I have several bread making books, but I always seem to go back to the same one time and time again. So, looking for something similar as it relates to soap making.

The Everything Soap Making Book by Alicia Grosso
and The Soapmakers Companion by Susan Miller Cavitch are my favorites

This forum is better than any book. It is free with soapers from around the world on it. If you need information on one subject just do a search. Work with the advance search function and you can narrow it done by topic only work search.

This forum has been around for years. Everything has been covered and recovered, discovered and rediscovered. It is the BIGGEST SOAP Book out there and it if free with real soapers that are willing to help.

I like the forums better than books, too. Seems like the books always have some misinformation in them somewhere.

watch some you tube videos as well. You can get a lot of helpful hints, I like the soaping 101 series. Plus I watch other ppls videos as well. Sometimes you get to see what not to do. I watched one yesterday where the lady unmolded her soap and the soap broke away from the embeds she had in the soap. It was such a lovely soap, but all that work and it didn't turn out the way she expected it to.

Latest posts

Back