What's Up With Ecosoya?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KristaY

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to find my favorite wax melt soy wax from Ecosoya but I can't find it anywhere! Then I read they're reformulating some of their products. Has anyone read about this?

I really like the Ecosoya CB/PB blend for my wax melts because I got no frosting as opposed to every other thing I tried. If I can't get it in the next couple of weeks I'll have to consider changing brands.

For those of you who make wax melts, do you have a brand you like that won't frost and crumble? I tried Golden Brands but I wasn't happy with it. I also tried blending Ecosoya CB and Ecosoya PB (50% each) but that wasn't great either.

I'm a bit frantic about it!:headbanging:

I've been trying to find my favorite wax melt soy wax from Ecosoya but I can't find it anywhere! Then I read they're reformulating some of their products. Has anyone read about this?

I really like the Ecosoya CB/PB blend for my wax melts because I got no frosting as opposed to every other thing I tried. If I can't get it in the next couple of weeks I'll have to consider changing brands.

For those of you who make wax melts, do you have a brand you like that won't frost and crumble? I tried Golden Brands but I wasn't happy with it. I also tried blending Ecosoya CB and Ecosoya PB (50% each) but that wasn't great either.

I'm a bit frantic about it!:headbanging:

I'm not a candle maker, so I'm not sure if this applies to the wax that you are looking for; but I found the following article. According to this article, it may be that the wax you are looking for is no longer being made.

http://www.makingyourowncandlesblog.co.uk/2016/news/ecosoya-being-discontinued-the-end-of-an-era/

Edited to add: I'm sorry that this is happening to you. It sucks when a trusted product suddenly becomes unavailable.

Last edited:
http://communitycandlesupply.com/blog/why-is-soy-wax-getting-more-expensive/

I learned today that the cost of Soy Wax is going up and will continue to go up, because the FDA has passed regulations requiring the food industry to eliminate all hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated products by 2018. What does this mean for candle and soap makers? It means we are going to see our Soy Wax, Cotton Wax, Soy Shortening, and any other hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated products go up, up, and up.

I heard about Ecosoya discontinuing my favorite blend of soy wax back in May. I went frantic trying to buy some before it was all gone, and managed to snag 50lbs of it from a random website. Ecosoya said they were coming out with their new formulation by the end of May, but if you haven't seen it anywhere I guess it got pushed back.

Well, CRAP! Now I have no idea what to try next. If the prices are going to sky rocket, I may have to stop making them since it'll no longer be cost effective for me or the general public. It makes me wonder what the candle giants are going to use and how much their products are going to increase.

I'll keep trolling until I find something promising. I read on one site they expected soy wax back in stock by mid August. It's still not available. I really don't want to sit on a ton of FO's that aren't skin safe or soap friendly.

KristaY, If you haven't yet, check out this link. http://ngielements.com/ It is to the manufacturer of Ecosoya's web site. On the front page is a short explanation of what is going on with the Ecosoya products, and why it has taken longer than expected to reformulate. There are no guarantees, but it looks promising that their products will be back in stock soon.

I have found that out of all the other waxes out there that the golden was 416 gives the least frosting. I still get it which sucks but they still perform just as well as with the pillar blend. Hopefully when the new waxes come out they will be reasonably prices and work nicely with none of the dreaded frosting.

Also adding CO to the wax does nothing so dont waste your time on it.

Quantum waxes

Hey guys,

Just thought I would let everyone know that at least one of the Quantum waxes (210) are at some online retailers. I know that shipping got delayed due to Harvey and Irma but I have seen the 210. At most retailers, the 210 is running about $80 for 45 lbs.

Hope this helps. I am still waiting to see the 220 and 230 (pillar blend) reportedly due to wholesalers by the end of September.

Happy Candle Making!!
Lynn @ Desert Flame Candles

Back